The color-coded recycled plastic bins with a handle and lid seem the best for handling. Please opt for them. Bins without lids cannot be left outside for door collection in homes that are locked during day. Also without color coding its very difficult to see segregation happening.
Every member of the family in every home is responsible and so basic things need to be taken care. If people say they have bins already – ask them to stash it for use later – no bin is going to last a life time after all.
Vendors supplying bins and bags for segregation:
- 500 sets plus bin orders – Jai Mahesh Products, Madhavaram – 9 litre green and red bins with metal handles – Rs.33.50 – Krishna 7904716768
- Small ordersfrom the same vendor above at same rates can be given from CTC stock at Srinivasapuram Jai Mahesh – Ashok 9382577264
- Recommended 2bin1bag Bags – Maatti Enviro Bangalore – email@example.com – +919916997897, +91-9633628623
- Shyam – WasteWinn (Bin and bag and large dry waste store bags) – Chennai – 9551637979
- 2bin1bag Bags – GSM Traders, Parrys – Rs.25 each – 9176596754
- Lathiba plastic store (Bins only) – Saidapet – 044 24332916 – (We negotiated a set of recycled 9 litre Green and 5 litre Red bins for Rs.75 or Rs.80. Code names are Win10TR and Mass 10TR)
- Lalith – Parrys Corner (Bins/Bags) – 9150022005
- or Get 2bin1bag bags shipped from retailers in Bangalore: http://www.2bin1bag.in/#!eco-retailers/c1gez
Some of the vendors like Shyam and Lalith above can also supply you the large dry waste storage bags, small and large blue bins and trolleys for waste collection.
The following vendors operate in their own unique models and collect dry waste at our door step. You may also reach any local small recyclers who do a decent job too except for e-Waste.
- trashgaadi.com – Works with communities to collect dry waste – Ashok 9840643216
- kuppathotti.com – Pays for our dry waste at doorstep monthly
- earthrecycler.in – Collects our dry waste at doorstep – Min 75Kg
- paperman.in – Optionally donates the cash for our trash to NGOs of our choice.
Most of the above vendors and local recyclers will take most of your stuff except thin plastics which you need to accumulate and reach out to Sudha Pillai of Ganesh Enterprises (9962412833). She will arrange to pick it up in bulk. They are into plastics to fuel apparently – probably the best way to dispose thin plastics as of now with Corporation too not doing a great job of shredding them for road laying.
For Thin plastic waste – Contact Sudha Pillai of Ganesh Enterprises (9962412833)